Death and Life
It has been a super long week. Last tuesday, a friend from camp was in a bad car accident. Unfortunenty, she ended up not walking out of it like we all hoped. On wednesday of last week, she was taken off life support, after they found recipiants for her organs. Gabrielle gave her life to save around 8 others or more. Sunday, I traveled with friends of the family to the callings hours, I dont know how they were so strong. God defianently has and still has His hand upon them. After 12 hours of driving and church with my friends, I got to go to bed. With restless sleep I woke up Monday morning at 6, not to go to school, but to drive to the funeral. It was amazing! There were close to 800 if not more people there to honor the life of Gabby. Her father was so strong and so brave to speak in front of the group that gathered to say that this will not hinder their faith, only pull them closer. After the Life celebration for Gabby, I would say over half of the people there followed in the procession to the cemetary. Gabby will be greatly missed, but we know that she is with Jesus! And if we continue to walk with Jesus, we will see Gabby again, and probably pretty soon with how this world is looking.
You know, they say that everyone greives a different way. Whenever someone I dont know really well dies I feel like I'm not allowed to grieve for them because I wasnt really close. I just dont know then what I'm suppose to be feeling. I guess I just dont think about it. I try to block it from my mind.
Well, Gabby, we will see you soon!
