Narrative Story
here is a Story I had to write for English... Leave me some comments and tell me what you think... (p.s. It doesnt have a title)
“Hey Chris, Wait up!” Chris turned around and saw Angela running towards him. Angela and Chris have been best friends since the 3rd grade and now both are seniors in high school.
“Hey Angie, what’s up?” he asked her as he spun his combination on his locker; Angie was his nickname for her.
“You do know that prom is in, like, 3 weeks, don’t you?” she asked,
“Of course, who is taking you Angie?”
“Uh…..” she mumbled.
“Don’t tell me, no one asked you?” he said as he turned toward her.
“What about your harebrained boyfriend? Why isn’t he taking you?” Angie remained silent and then started to cry.
“What’s the matter?” he asked with concern in his voice as he pulled her toward him in an embrace.
“He broke up with me this morning!” she sobbed with anger in her voice. What a Jerk; I knew it all along! If only she had listened to me from the start, he thought.
“I should have listened to you” She cried into his shoulder, confirming his thoughts.
“You want to come over to my house and talk about it and watch some movies?” Chris asked her.
“Yes, please.” She sniffled.
“Here are the keys; go ahead and unlock the car; I’ve got to get my coat and we can go.” he told her.
When they got home Chris went and told his mother that Angela was with him and she told him that she would make some snacks for them. He thanked her and headed for the living room where Angie had settled on the couch.
“What do you want to watch?” he asked as he headed for the entertainment system.
“No, Chris, wait, Can we talk a little first? She asked him.
“Sure Angie, What do you want to talk about?” he asked her.
“Oh, I don’t know. I guess I just don’t know why he broke up with me, and in front of the whole cheerleading squad to boot!”
“He’s just a jerk that’s all. Let’s watch a movie.” He said, trying to get her mind off of the event of that morning.
“No, I think it’s because I’m not pretty enough!” I wish she wouldn’t say that, I think she is the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen, he thought. He isn’t saying anything; he doesn’t think I am pretty either! She thought.
“What movies do you have?” she asked him.
“I’ve got your favorite right here!”
“And which one is that?” She said almost giggling.
“Sahara, of course!” he told her as he held it up for her to see
“You went and got it just for me, didn’t you?”
“Well after the 1000th time of having to going and renting it I decided to just buy it...” he said and then slightly under his breath he whispered,
“It’s cheaper too…” but she heard it anyway,
“Oh, Chris!” she laughed as he put the movie in the DVD player.
But Angie just couldn’t concentrate… All through the movie thoughts kept running through her mind about how ugly she thought she was. Chris was doing the opposite; He kept thinking how beautiful she was.
The next day at school Chris was in high heaven. He had stayed up half the night thinking about Angie. He finally realized something I can take her to prom. I don’t have a date and I would want to take any other girl anyway! He was determined to ask her when he saw her. But Angie on the other hand was feeling a lot more depressed. She was up all night crying, because she was sure she wasn’t pretty and no one liked her. Why do I have to be so ugly and so unloved? She kept thinking. I’ll just not go to the prom at all she decided. At school she kept dodging Chris because she felt stupid about getting all emotional with him the day before. Chris finally caught up with her at lunch. He sat down across from her.
“Angie, I have a question for you.”
“OK, ask.” Chris sat there trying to get up his nerve to ask. It’s now or never.
“Angie, would you go to the prom with me?”
“What?” She asked like she couldn’t believe what he said,
“Would you go to the prom with me” he said with a little more confidence in his voice.
“You’re just asking because you feel bad for me…”
“No, no, not at all Angie…Angie I’ve never told anyone this but, I think you are the most beautiful person I’ve ever seen!”
“Don’t joke with me Chris…”
“I’m not! I Swear!” He said and grabbed her hand in desperation.
“But I’m not beautiful at all!” she whispered as a single tear rolled down her face…
“Angie, Every time you say that it breaks my heart. I’ve always wanted to tell you it’s not true but I was afraid of what you would think…”
“Chris… I don’t know what to say…” she said. She was flabbergasted. No one had ever been so kind and expressed their feelings like Chris was doing just then.
“Just let me take you to the Prom. Please?”
“Ok, I’ll go to prom with you…”
“Do you really think I am beautiful?” she asked almost as an afterthought.
“With all of my heart Angie, with all of my heart...” He said as he squeezed he hand.
“Then I believe you, Chris. I believe you…” She replied as he squeezed his hand back.
